A Sarasota Health Club Where Serious Athletes Meet and Compete.
Welcome to the Bath & Racquet Fitness Club a Sarasota health club where serious athletes meet and compete. we deserve our reputation for being exclusive, but at the same time we are amazingly affordable.
He opened this club in 1969 with 8 tennis courts and a trailer as a clubhouse. Fast forward 41 years - and here we are, 29 tennis courts, a 40,000 square foot facility with 5 racquetball courts, 3 squash courts, a fully equipped fitness facility, award winning pro shop, Jr. Olympic swimming pool, and a full-service restaurant. During those years, Bath & Racquet has become the heart of Sarasota tennis. We have the most and the best players around. If you are passionate about your sport we are the Club for you. We host most of the premier events in Sarasota a short list of some of the events we have hosted: Make a Wish (the largest tennis tournament in Sarasota), National Clay Court 50's (8 of the top 10 players participated in 2010), All the Florida State Racquetball Championships for 2010, and a Professional Racquetball tournament (top 12 pros in the world competed.)
In spite of all this outside attention, we are the quintessential family club. Many of our members grew up here. They came with their parents who were members, and now they come with their children. This is not to say that newcomers are not welcome. We are great minglers. Our members feel at home in our Club. We provide a comfortable, personal atmosphere at very reasonable rate. We are a family owned club and plan on staying that way. Ken’s estate planning over the last 20 years has secured the ownership of the club. I have no plans on selling the Club in the foreseeable future.
Take your time, look around, come visit us offline, look around some more, and stay for your lifestyle at a Sarasota health club.
Call 306 4113 For More Info
We are more than a club. We are a tradition. But our members say it best, so listen to them.
It was 1973 - I was 13 years old and playing in my first tennis tournament at Bath & Racquet. 36 years later (!), I still remember what I wore, who I lost to and thinking: "One day I'm going to belong to this club. . ."
For the past 20 years, I have been a member of this club that is steeped with rich tradition and the legacy of founder, Ken Wagstaff. Even when I'm broke, I'd never consider giving up my membership.
It's the best thing I do for myself - from socially to my health. There is never any aggravation - just friendly smiles and a home away from home. Bath & Racquet gives me the motivation to be the best of me because it's not work - but FUN. No matter what size you are, or if you join as a single or an entire family - there is a rewarding activity for all.
I have always been into working out and fitness but there is something very special that The Bath and Racquet introduced to me about 8 or 9 years ago. It was February and they were promoting heart health for the month. They had a contest for the person that attended the most classes for that month. I was in between jobs so I had plenty of time on my hands so thought I would give it a try. I was rather intimidated at taking some of the harder classes but knew I would never have a chance in the contest if I didn’t. Before too long I became fairly fearless and really started enjoying every class with a passion. This has stuck with me and really changed my attitude to make working out one of my favorite things to do. An added benefit is that I have also developed a great group of friends through the club. I believe that I came in second for the contest but the real winner for life.
Thanks Bath & Racquet,
- Aerobic class and group exercise
- Aerobic Class and Group Exercise are best for staying on an exercise routine. These are things to look for and what we offer.
- Health Fitness
- Health - Fitness - The Bath & Racquet Fitness Club is committed to improving our members health fitness in a very social family atmosphere.
- Local Tennis Club
- Bath & Racquet Fitness Club is a local tennis club, Find out what is available and rules of tennis.
- Summer Camp
- Our Summer Camp goal for is for your child to have fun while learning new skills, hitting a backhand or a lifesaver jump.
- Services we offer at the Bath & Racquet Fitness Club
- A list of the services we offer.
- Bath and Racquet History
- Bath and Racquet History - Bath & Racquet History includes is current club information plus tons of our history.
- member login
- member login
- Tennis Team Reservation Rules
- Tennis Team Reservation Rules - These rules apply to USTA, Tri-Cities, Senior, Super Senior, USTA Flex, and K-Swiss leagues
- Water Aerobics in Sarasota
- Water Aerobics in Sarasota - The only outdoor water aerobics class in Sarasota
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Study - Is a free study where we are trying to find the best methods to lose and maintain weight loss
- Sarasota Gym
- Sarasota Gym - Our Sarasota Gym provides an intimate friendly atmosphere for our members.
Calling All Young Professionals
We’ve added a NEW tennis league, “Young Professionals Mixer”
Wednesdays @ 7:30 pm
$30 per person, includes 10 weeks of league play and an Awards Party at the end!
Only two hours till TENNIS!
Sign up ASAP , Leagues start May 13th!
Summer Camp Starts June 3rd
Last year we made massive additions to our summer camp.
Along with Tennis Camp, we offered Racquetball Camp,
Squash Camp, Scuba Camp, Dance Camp, Science Camp and
more. It was a great success and we hope to build on that this
summer. We have partnered with some of the best people in
Sarasota to make our summer camps the best available. We
can not wait to see the fun your child will have with Mysticals
Dance, Scuba Quest, Mad Science, and more.
2013 SARASOTA OPEN
THE 2013 SARASOTA OPEN USTA Pro Wild Card Event
April 5 - 7 at Bath & Racquet Admission is free to this event.
Winners to move on to Pro Event April 13 -21 at Longboat Key Club
Want More Information?;